Monday, March 20, 2017

My Special Place

My Special Place
   
“Wake Up” says mum. I jump down from my bunk and go outside. My uncle is making breakfast and my cousins, mum, dad, and sisters are sitting at the table. “Mmm smells delicious” I exclaim. Finally breakfast is ready. Yum eggs on toast my favourite.

Once we're finished we get changed into our togs and head down to the beach. First I dip my feet in to feel the temperature, The water felt as cold as freshly melted ice. I jump back realising how cold it is. I decided then that I was not going to go swimming and that I was going to make a sand castle instead. First I made a mountain of sand then collected shells to make windows and a door. “I'm done” I told mum. she took a picture and then we headed back to the caravan.

The next day Dad took me out on the Quad bike and we went down to the beach. Dad went really fast over hills and other stuff like that, it was absolutely horrifying. When we got back dad gave mum a ride. Meanwhile while they were taking ages the rest of us had lunch and played board games. When they got back they told us that they went right down the beach to the river.

When It was dark we grabbed some fireworks and lite them on the beach. They were as bright as the stars at night. Some other people came with fireworks and we had two sets of fireworks going at the same time. It looked awesome. Me, Violet and Astella loved it. Once we ran out off fireworks we went back to the caravan and had dinner. By the time we finished dinner it was bed time. I jumped into bed and had a good night's sleep.

My special place is porangahau

2 comments:

  1. lots of detail, nice writing I really loved how you said that you dip you're feet in the water because you made me have an idea.
    from Lorena

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really liked when you describe you about you waking up

    ReplyDelete